Hellooo Sister Shin πŸ‡°πŸ‡· (week 53)




Hey hey!

On Thursday the new missionaries flew in and I picked up my new companion Sister Shin!! She is straight from SOUTH KOREA and has only been in the US learning english for 3 weeks! There is a pretty big language barrier which has been a little hard... but she is the cutest. She is so funny and so sweet and we're figuring it out! It seems like I am teaching her more english than missionary work but we will get there eventually. I'm so grateful I get to be her companion!


Other highlights!

- paula came to church and after the musical number she yelled "SO BEAUTIFUL" hahah aw she was feeling the spirit so strong 

- experiencing all the "american firsts" with sister shin! She's tried so many new candy and had her first baked potato and corn on the cob and LOVED it haha πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

- zone conference was sooo good yesterday

- I've learned a little bit of Korean ahh! μ•ˆλ…•ν•˜μ„Έμš”

- NOT a highlight but it was sister shins first day and we were teaching a lady and her husband saw us give her a Book of Mormon and he starting bashing us pretty hard and kicked us out of his house πŸ˜ but then she goes "well I'm going with them" AND FOLLOWS US OUT OF THE HOUSE WHAAAT!!!! Poor sister shin had no idea what was going on ahaha but I explained it to her later and she wants us to go back!! Yay!
- this week I just had some really cool experiences in lessons that reminded me why I am here on my mission and why I love being a missionary so much πŸ«Ά

🌟🌟

Yesterday at zone conference we gave a training about teaching simply and bold. My testimony of this has grown so much the past couple days. Because Sister Shin is still learning english, the only way she can teach and share her testimony right now is so simple, but it is so powerful. It has brought me to tears every single time because of the spirit it brings. The gospel is simple, our testimonies can be simple. When we state what we know clearly, it gives the holy ghost a big opportunity to testify of truth. When I first came out on my mission I felt like I needed to have a super deep complex testimony because I was a missionary. But that's not the case. Sorry I'm just kinda rambling now and I don't know who needs to hear this but I feel like I need to tell this to somebody... but it is okay to have a simple testimony! It is enough, I promise! The spirit can work through us so strongly when we know these simple truths and are willing to share them. 

HAVE THE BEST WEEK πŸ’— love you people
- Sister Bell

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Island girl (week 19)

Last week in the mtc ahh